IT Support Technician
We are a London Bridge-based full-service digital agency providing a range of services including email marketing, web development and web hosting to our clients. We're on the lookout for a graduate of a computer science-based discipline to join our Technical Ops Team in a junior role. 1-2 years' experience in the field would be a bonus
You will be working alongside the Technical Operations Team and your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of internal business systems
- Ownership over internal IT service desk
- Providing web support for our external clients in the areas of hosting and CMS systems
- Providing 1st line support for internal IT support requests
- Providing IT support for projects and working with other departments within the business when necessary to help deliver projects.
- Practicing Agile and DevOps principles within the technical and support team.
- Initiating and participate in internal IT projects.
- Continually improve internal services in line with evolving tools and best practices.
The ideal candidate would have a degree in a relevant discipline - i.e. Computer Science and a strong familiarity with a variety of operating systems and technologies. More than that, a keen interest in technology is crucial to keep up with the constantly evolving IT ecosystem that we operate in.
- Experience working with and administering at least two of the following:
- Debian/Ubuntu Linux
- A solid grounding in the fundamentals of network technologies such as:
- IP addressing & routing
- Stateful firewalls
- Knowledge/experience of/with the following systems
- Active Directory/LDAP
- Pulse Secure VPN gateways
- SMB/NFS Solaris File servers
- Google G-Suite administration
In addition to the above, we're looking for someone who is:
- A strong communicator, confident in a support role within the business.
- Able to explain technical concepts in layman's terms to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Is happy working within a flat organisation structure with freedom to come up with and realise their own projects.
- Happy to work within an ISO-27001 structured environment, incorporating this into working practices.
- Able to find continual improvements and proactively improve systems and support.
- 22 days holiday per year, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- Your birthday off
- Discretionary leave early Fridays throughout the year
- Flexitime around core office hours
- Training budget and plan
- Pension scheme with matched company contributions
- Season travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas (the standard, plus some fancy ones)
- Fully stocked beer fridge available everyday (from 5pm!) featuring wine, prosecco and some of the best craft beers from Scotland to California (we also make our own!)
Sorry, but at this time we cannot accept remote hires. Applicants must also be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.