Senior Front-End Developer
Join an agency that's going places
Pancentric is a strategy-led digital agency. We combine design thinking methodology with digital expertise to help businesses design, market and deliver compelling customer experiences.
We’re growing, we’re award winning and we have a progressive culture that encourages individuals to take initiative for the good of their own development, the wider team and the clients and markets we serve.
We build teams of talented people who balance idealism and pragmatism, striving for outstanding results that are commercially viable.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our growing company in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. We want someone who can come in and hit the ground running and get stuck in, someone with passion and drive to help move us forward.
The role will see you working hands-on in our development team as well as with our Head of Development in making strategic decisions towards our goals and targets as a department. You will work closely with our existing Front-End and Design teams by providing support and insight across other projects as well as your own. You will be expected to work throughout the lifecycle of a project, from estimating and resourcing to building, testing and deployment.
The ideal candidate would be someone who can quickly connect and collaborate with our internal project teams to deliver great results. A candidate who can bring in ideas from other areas of expertise and software development would be beneficial. You will report to our Head of Development.
Talents we're looking for:
- Experience in the role at a Senior level (1-3 years preferred)
- Great know ledge and proficiency in writing CSS with Sass
- Great understanding of responsive design techniques
- Good understanding of building performant websites and the challenges involved
- Good understanding and experience with agile software delivery and the different approaches that can be used, including tools and processes
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Decent experience with building accessible websites
- Consideration for maintainability, security and scalability from the offset
- Caring, opinionated and passionate about the work you do and able to articulate this well
Extras we’d be impressed with:
- Experience in working with Python, .NET or Java
- Experience with developing Sitecore projects
- Experience with tools and services such as Docker, AWS, and Heroku.
- Experience with BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS or other CSS methodologies
- Experience with hybrid mobile apps using Ionic or React Native
- Experience with managing or mentoring a team (mid-weights and juniors)
- Experience with test driven development and different testing tools
- Experience with technical SEO implementations
- Experience with gitflow strategies and deployment best-practices
- Experience with providing top and low level estimates for projects and strategies for this
What we’d like to see from you:
- Live examples of recent work
- Roles and responsibilities of at least 3 projects within the last 1-3 years
- Links to any online profiles with work like Github, Bitbucket, Codepen etc.
We appreciate examples of measurable progression of knowledge and skills over checklists of tech stacks or project backgrounds. Please do not just send a CV!
- 22 days holiday per year, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Frequent 3pm Friday finishes throughout the year
- Flexi time around core office hours
- Pension scheme with matched company contributions
- Seasonal travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas
- Fully stocked beer fridge available everyday (from 5pm!) featuring wine, prosecco and some of the best beer around from Beavertown, Fourpure and more!
Sorry, but at this time we cannot accept remote hires. Applicants must also be eligible to work in the UK.