Midweight Python/Django Developer
Join an agency that's going places
Pancentric is a strategy-led digital agency. We combine design thinking methodology with digital expertise to help businesses design, market and deliver compelling customer experiences.
We’re growing, we’re award winning and we have a progressive culture that encourages individuals to take initiative for the good of their own development, the wider team and the clients and markets we serve.
We build teams of talented people who balance idealism and pragmatism, striving for outstanding results that are commercially viable.
We are looking for a midweight Back-End Developer who specialises in Python and Django to join our growing company in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. We want someone who can come in and hit the ground running and get stuck in, someone with passion and drive to help move us forwards.
We have an extensive portfolio of projects on Python Django; in development, being further improved, in support and in the pipeline.
Talents we're looking for:
- Experience in the role at a midweight level
- Good knowledge and understanding of Python and Django
- Consideration for maintainability, security and scalability from the offset
- Opinionated and responsible for delivering best practices and processes within the team
- Belief in the benefits of test driven development (preach it!)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
Extras we’d be impressed with:
- Experience of working with different CMSs and wrangling with their limitations and pitfalls (we use Django CMS and Wagtail)
- Experience of working with REST APIs
- Experience with multi-regional websites that require translations and internationalisation
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon and Google
What we’d like to see from you:
- Live examples of recent work
- Roles and responsibilities of at least 3 projects within the last 1-3 years
- Links to any online profiles with work like Github, Bitbucket, Codepen etc.
- 22 days holiday per year, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- Your birthday off
- Discretionary leave early Fridays throughout the year
- Flexi time around core office hours
- Training budget and plan
- Pension scheme with matched company contributions
- Seasonal travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas (the standard, plus some fancy ones)
- Fully stocked beer fridge available everyday (from 5pm!) featuring wine, prosecco and some of the best craft beers from Scotland to California (we also make our own!)