Senior Front-End Developer
Join an agency that's going placesWe are a digital agency that uses smart design and best-in-class tech to help clients realise their ambitions faster and with more certainty. We work cross-sector but our sweet-spot is digital insurance. Some of the tech we recommend is ours - some provided by leading software vendors. For custom builds key technologies are .NET and Python with full front-end capabilities. A key strategy over the next 18 months is to accelerate development of our Go-Insur digital insurance platform. Our design and innovation methods are customer-first using Design Thinking methods & Agile delivery. Clients include some of the biggest brands in the world. Trophies include multiple BIMA and RAR awards. We set up in 2003 and are privately owned. More about us here www.pancentric.com
The role will see you leading our Front-End development team on projects to build web systems and websites for our varied clients. You will work with the design, UX and front-end teams to deliver projects big and small, covering big web builds, CMSs, web apps and more.
You are encouraged to be pro-active and contribute, produce ideas and get stuck in to other parts of the project too; is the design not quite fit for purpose? Is the solution not adequate? Everyone in the project is responsible for the work they do and we want everyone to be proud of what they build for our clients and their customers. You will split your time between hands-on project work and helping the team with mentoring, QA and oversight. You will work collaboratively with the wider company to further the company's goals. Being a team lead you will also participate in discovery sessions with clients and become part of the group of internal experts that supports the sales process by contributing to proposals and pitches.
The ideal candidate would be someone who can quickly connect and collaborate with our internal project teams to deliver great results. A candidate who can bring in ideas from other areas of expertise and software development would be beneficial.
Talents we're looking for:
- Experience in the role at a senior level (minimum of 5 years)
- Proficient in writing CSS with Sass
- Good understanding of responsive design techniques and patterns
- Experience with working in an Agile environment (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience in working with REST APIs
- Opinionated and responsible for delivering best practices and processes within the team
- Consideration for maintainability, security, scalability and accessibility from the offset
Extras we’d be impressed with:
- Experience in working with .NET and Python/Django
- Experience with tools and services such as Docker, GCP and AWS
- Experience with writing apps with React or Angular
- Experience with BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS or other CSS methodologies
- Experience with test-driven development
- Familiar with secure coding principles
- Understanding of web performance and its importance
What we’d like to see from you:
- Live examples of recent work
- Roles and responsibilities of at least 3 projects within the last 1-3 years
- Links to any online profiles with work like Github, Bitbucket, Codepen etc.
Please do not just send a CV!
- 22 days holiday per year, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Frequent 3pm Friday finishes throughout the year
- Flexi time around core office hours
- Pension scheme with company contributions
- Seasonal travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas
- Fully stocked beer fridge available everyday (from 5pm!) featuring wine, prosecco and some of the best beer around from Beavertown, Fourpure and more!
Sorry, but at this time we cannot accept remote hires. Applicants must also be eligible to work in the UK.