Midweight Python/Django Developer
Join an agency that's going places
Pancentric is a strategy-led digital agency in London. We combine innovation consultancy (using Design Thinking methods) with digital delivery capabilities to help clients create compelling 21st century service experiences.
Whilst we work across all sectors, we have a strong footprint in insurance with solutions for e-commerce to enable product development, rapid revenue growth and lower servicing costs.
We’re growing, we’re award winning and we have a progressive culture that encourages individuals to take initiative for the good of their own development, the wider team and the clients and markets we serve.
We are looking for a midweight Back-End Developer who specialises in Python and Django to join our growing company in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. We want someone who can come in and hit the ground running and get stuck in, someone with passion and drive to help move us forwards. We have an existing portfolio of projects on Python/Django to support with new projects in development and in the sales pipeline.
Talents we're looking for:
- 3+ years commercial experience with Python and Django
- Experience with REST APIs
- Consideration for maintainability, security and scalability from the outset
- Keen to shape and responsible for delivering best practices and processes within the team
- Belief in the benefits of test driven development
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
Extras we’d be impressed with:
- Experience with different CMS solutions (we use Django CMS and Wagtail)
- Experience with multi-regional websites that require translations and internationalisation
- Experience with e-commerce/quote & buy solutions
- Experience with cloud services - particularly Google and Amazon
What we’d like to see from you:
- Live examples of recent work
- Roles and responsibilities of at least 3 projects within the last 1-3 years
- Links to any online profiles with work like Github, Bitbucket, Codepen etc.
- Working with us :-)
- Great location - just off Bermondsey High Street
- Competitive remuneration, depending on experience
- 22 days holiday per year, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- Your birthday off
- Discretionary leave early Fridays throughout the year
- Flexi time around core office hours
- Training budget and plan
- Pension scheme with matched company contributions
- Seasonal travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas (the standard, plus some fancy ones)
- Fully stocked beer fridge available everyday (from 5pm!) featuring wine, prosecco and some of the best craft beers from Scotland to California (we also make our own!)
Candidates must be available to and eligible to work in London.