Senior Java Developer
Join an agency that's going places.
Pancentric is a strategy-led digital agency. We combine design thinking methodology with digital development expertise to help businesses design, market and deliver compelling customer experiences.
We’re growing, we’re award winning and we have a progressive culture that encourages individuals to take initiative for the good of their own development, the wider team and the clients and markets we serve. We build teams of talented people who balance idealism and pragmatism, striving for outstanding results that are commercially viable.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a senior server side Java developer to join our growing company in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. We want someone who can come in and hit the ground running and get stuck in, someone with passion and drive to help move us forwards.
The role will see you working with our QA and development teams to lead our Java capabilities in developing, extending and supporting an innovative Insurance platform and exposing this through APIs to our Python/Django developers. You will be flexible enough to code core Java business services, user interfaces, and RESTful services and scripting following good design principles.
The project uses Agile Scrum methodology and is currently running two teams as we continue to build more functionality.
- Experience in the role at a senior level
- Familiar with secure coding principles
- Experience of Java performance profiling
- Good knowledge of Java JEE server side development
- Good working knowledge of SQL, Hibernate, GIT/SVN, Ant/Maven
- Experience of working with APIs
- Consideration for maintainability, security and scalability from the offset
- Opinionated and responsible for delivering best practices and processes within the team
- Belief in the benefits of test driven development
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and JIRA
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
EXTRAS WE'D BE IMPRESSED WITH:
- Experience of working with JBoss, Liferay, Velocity, Portals, JBoss Rules, Workflow (JBPM), BIRT
- Experience with Insurance or Financial Services
- Experience with cloud services such as Google/AWS
- 22 days holiday per year + office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- Flexi time around core hours
- Training budget for talks, conferences and online courses
- Pension scheme with matched company contributions
- Excellent working environment. The Pancentric studio features its own full-size bar offering free wine, prosecco and craft beers. We also have pool, foosball and ping-pong tables.
- Complimentary breakfast, fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas every day.
- Season travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday day off
- Discretionary leave early Fridays